Fellows in the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Fellowship program are actively involved in EMS research throughout the fellowship experience. Fellows are mentored by EMS faculty under the guidance of Nancy Glober, MD. Dr. Glober is the EMS site PI for two multicenter, national, NIH funded studies and previously held a K12 for work optimizing stroke systems of care.
- Glober, N et al, Validation of the NUE Rule to predict futile resuscitation of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Accepted to Prehopsital Emergency Care pending revisions.
- Glober, N et al, Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Drug Overdoses in Indianapolis. Accepted to Journal of Urban Health pending revisions.
- Holland, D, Glober, N et al, Prehospital Sedation with Ketamine vs Midazolam: Repeat Sedation, Intubation and Hospital Outcomes. American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2020.05.011
- Glober, N et al, Variations in the California EMS Response to Opioid Use Disorder. The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine, April 2020. https://doi.org/10.5811/westjem.2019.12.45189
- Glober, N et al, Letter to the Editor. Reply to: The futility of resuscitating an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest cannot be summarized by three simple criteria. Resuscitation, 144, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2019.09.011
- Glober, N et al. A simple decision rule predicts futile resuscitation of cardiac arrest. Resuscitation, 142, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2019.06.011
- Yuknis ML, Weinstein E, Maxey H, Price L, Vaughn SX, Arkins T, Benneyworth BD. Frequency of Pediatric Emergencies in Ambulatory Practices. Pediatrics. 2018 Aug;142(2). doi: 10.1542/peds.2017-3082. PubMed PMID: 30030368.
- Walthall JDH, Burgess A, Weinstein E, Miramonti C, Arkins T, Wiehe S. Descriptive Correlates of Urban Pediatric Violent Injury Using Emergency Medical Service Patient-Level Data. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018 Feb;34(2):69-75. doi: 10.1097/PEC.0000000000000807. PubMed PMID: 27755329.