The General Surgery Residency program at IU School of Medicine will offer three interview dates for the 2024 NRMP® Match Season:
- November 16th
- November 30th
- January 18th
We believe in providing a holistic review of applications prior to releasing interview offers. To achieve this goal, the deadline for applying for the categorical residency program track is October 13th, 2023.
- Applications received between September 15th, 2023–October 13th, 2023, will receive an email to complete the SurgWise® situational judgement test (SJT). This scenario-based assessment helps us learn more about you.
- If another program asks you to complete the SJT, you will not have to complete it again. You will log into your SJT account and ensure the program requesting the SJT is marked as “confirmed.”
Aligned with the guidance provided by the Association for Program Directors in Surgery (APDS), our general surgery residency program will extend interview offers to select candidates starting on the date specified by the APDS Task Force for General Surgery Application Review.
- This designated period for interview notifications spans from Wednesday, October 25th, 2023, to Tuesday, October 31st, 2023.
- Applicants that receive interview offers will have 48 hours to accept or decline the request.
- All interviews will be scheduled through ThalamusGME.